Thursday, December 30, 2010

Don't let things, or people, get in the way

Yesterday I posted about my plans to make some changes in myself in the New Year. One of the big things I want to continue to improve on is being a good mother and my treatment of others. It was a good day yesterday, I was feeling positive and optimistic and then someone has to come along and disrupt that. Well one person in particular, my mother. We live 5 minutes away from each other and she has helped us by watching our daughter, but we don't have a great relationship. And it seems no matter how hard I try to be calm and talk about things with her without getting upset, it doesn't keep her from upsetting me. But I think the only way you can improve yourself, is by accepting the things that you can't change or have no control over. As long as I can be proud of the way I acted then that is enough. What obstacles do you have in completing your New You resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment