Monday, February 8, 2010

The start of my Fam Life

3 years ago I became pregnant, the first of most of our friends seeing as I was only 20. Most of the people I talk to wonder why I had a child at such a young age, but me and my husband were ready. We had just bought our first home after his release from the military and were back with our families. I felt like we didn't need advice or help from anyone. We didn't even take any birthing or parenting classes. I read the usual "What to Expect When You're Expecting", etc. but just though we'll figure it out. At one of my showers I received the "Baby Whisperer" book, but didn't actually read it until my daughter was 6 weeks old. I was away on a work trip, my first time leaving my daughter alone overnight with my husband. I was getting ready to return to work full time and she was still sleeping with us in our bed. So my plan was to get her to sleep through the night in her own bed, for my sanity's sake. And in reading this book I received the best piece of advice I've ever received...don't change your life around your new baby, fit your new baby into your old life. There's no reason your life has to end or change because you have a child. As we have tried to do this I've found that the rest of the world isn't exactly on my side. So I've started this blog to post about places, people, and things that are out there to make living the fam life easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment