Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Broadway Grill

314 Broadway East
Seattle, WA 98102

On Monday my daughter had her 2 year check up and I had intentionally planned the appointment to end around lunch time so my husband would be forced to take me to lunch before I had to go back to work. I was planning on going to Dick’s and get a greasy but oh so fabulous burger, French fries, and chocolate shake, but he suggested The Broadway Grill. The first time we ate her I was several months pregnant and ordered their Dungeness Crab Sandwich. What I remember it to be was basically a grilled cheese (probably my all time favorite sandwich) with Dungeness crab (my favorite seafood). I would ask my husband to take me back there and we either weren’t over that way or didn’t have time. So the day my daughter was born both of our parents were at the hospital and wanted to go get something to eat. Me and my husband both suggested the Broadway Grill, and they could bring us back something too. So here we are over two years later returning for the first time after she was born with her in tow. I have to say I was not nearly as impressed as I was two years ago. Kids do eat FREE Sunday through Thursday after 4:00pm which is always great for parents. All of their children menu items were 4.95 from your basic Grilled Cheese and fries which my daughter had to Boneless Beef ribs with mashed potatoes and Sliders. They do provide a FREE ice cream Sunday with beverage purchase, but they do not have children’s cups. Now don’t get me wrong I don’t ever leave the house without a sippy cup, but my daughter is at the stage where she wants to do everything like we are. So if we get a glass from the waitress, she wants one. She inevitably did try to drink from the glass, no straw, and get it all down the front of her. The next disappointment was that there was no changing station in the bathroom. Granted these stations can guest upwards of $500, the addition to a restaurant can bring in new customers who may not have come in otherwise. It is not easy to change a newborn on the sink or a toddler standing up! All in all it was great to spend the afternoon with my husband and daughter and we received a coupon for a free appetizer on our next visit with the purchase of an entrée.
Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment